University of Uyo, UNIUYO Part-time Undergraduate admission application forms for the 2016/2017 academic session is now on sale.
Applications are invited from suitably qualified candidates for admission into the Part-time Undergraduate Programmes of the University of Uyo, for the 2016/2017 academic session.
UNIUYO PART-TIME PART-TIME UNDERGRADUATE PROGRAMMES.
- FACULTY OF AGRICULTURE
- B. Agric. Agricultural Economics and Extension
- B. Agric in Crops Science
- B. Agric in Soil Science
- B. Forestry in Forestry and Wildlife
- B.Fisheries in Fisheries and Aquaculture
- B.Sc. in Home Economics
- FACULTY OF ARTS:
- B. A Comm. Arts
- B.A English
- B.A His.& Int. Studies
- B.A Philosophy
- FACULTY OF BUSINESS ADMINISTRATION:
- B. Sc. Accounting
- B.Sc. Business Management
- B. Sc. Banking & Finance B.Sc. Marketing
- FACULTY OF EDUCATION
- B. A. (Ed) English
- B. Ed Social Studies
- B. Ed Guidance & Counseling
- B. Sc. (Ed) Political Science
- B.Sc.(Ed) Health Education
- B. Ed Pre-Primary & Primary Education
- Bachelor of Library and Information Science (BLIS)
- Business Education
- Office Management
- Technical Education
- Electrical/Electronic Technology
- Auto/Metal Technology
- Woodwork/Building Technology
- Home Economics Education
- Computer Education
- Agricultural Education
- FACULTY OF SOCIAL SCIENCES
- Dept, of Economics
- B.Sc. Economics
- Dept, of Political Science/Public Administration
- B.Sc. Political Science/Public Administration
- Dept, of Sociology & Anthropology
- B.Sc. Sociology & Anthropology
- Dept, of Economics
UNIUYO PART-TIME ADMISSION REQUIREMENTS & INFORMATION.
- Candidates should possess (WASC/NECO/GCE) or their equivalent with credit passes in five (5) subjects at not more than two sittings, including English Language and other specific Departmental and Faculty requirements as specified in the JAMB brochure.
- Candidates are expected to score a minimum of 180 and above in the 2016 Unified Tertiary Matriculation Examination (UTME).
- All candidates applying for admission into any of the Undergraduate Programmes must possess the academic qualifications as specified by the Joint Admissions and Matriculations Board for subject of choice.
- Undergraduate programmes run for five (5) years for UTME candidates and four (4) years for Direct Entry candidates, except programmes in the Faculty of Agriculture which runs for six (6) years for UTME and five (5) years for Direct Entry candidates, respectively.
DIRECT ENTRY CANDIDATES
- For Direct Entry admission, candidates are expected to possess at least two (2) A/Level papers, NCE, Ordinary National Diploma or equivalent University Diploma (at acceptable levels) in related areas plus (WASC/NECO/GCE) or their equivalent at not more than two sittings, with credit passes in five (5) subjects including English Language, and other specific departmental requirements.
- Candidates must attach the photocopies of their UTME Direct Entry SLIPS for 2016/2017.
- Candidates are expected to pass the University of Uyo qualifying Screening Exercise
GENERAL INFORMATION FOR UNDERGRADUATE APPLICANTS
- Please note that all candidates with SEC examination results obtained before 2010 must present their Certificates. Statement of resultsfor earlier years will not be accepted.
- Candidates must ensure that they had registered with JAMB. Candidates whose names are not found in the 2016/2017 UTME and Direct Entry Printout will NOT be allowed into the screening halls
- The same passport used for the online registration will be used during the screening and registration after offer of admission.
- No complaint of wrong Bio-Data or blank picture will be entertained after submission.
- Candidates who up-load wrong Bo-Data will be automatically disqualified.
Note: Only forms of candidates who comply with the registration procedures out lined will be processed.
Candidates are required to come for the Screening Exercise with the following items:
- One (1) copy of the University of Uyo 2016 ONLINE registration form dully completed with the passport-size photograph printed in colour. Note: Only colour printout will be accepted.
- Two (2) recent passport-size photographs on red background (same photograph as the one used for the online registration) with the name and signature of the candidates on the reverse side of the photographs. These should be packaged in a quarto-size envelope and labeled with the candidate’s name and department.
- HB pencil, eraser and sharpener
HOW TO APPLY FOR UNIUYO PART-TIME ADMISSION.
Eligible candidates should pay a non-refundable sum of N7,500.00 (Seven thousand, five hundred naira) only via Remita Payment Platform.
Online Registration and payment instruction.
- Visit eportals.uniuyo.edu.ng or uniuyo.edu.ng (click on e-portals link)
- Select Post UTME (part-time) or Direct Entry (Part-time) for Direct Entry candidates Link and Click on Create Account Link
- Enter your details and click on Create Account Button
- Click on Make Payment
- Select Bank Option or Card Option
- Click on Generate e-Invoice (Bank Option) or Online Payment (Card Option)
- Click on Print e-Invoice (To generate Remita Retrieval Reverence (RRR) Number to make payment at any Bank Branch)
- For card option, select the payment types and click pay. On the payment platform displayed, enter your card details and click the “Pay” button.
- After payment at the bank or via card, return to the portal and click on Login Form Link and enter your Remita Retrieval Reference (RRR) Number generated, to complete your registration.
Closing date for registration is Eight (8) weeks [i.e. September 31st, 2016] from the date of the Advertisement. Venue and Date for the screening will be communicated to the candidates later.