University of South Africa, UNISA Admission Form 2018 Is On Sale | See UNISA Application Guide and Requirements Below.
The University of South Africa is the largest university on the African continent and attracts a third of all higher education students in South Africa. The university has over 300,000 students, including African and international students in 130 countries worldwide, making it one of the world’s mega universities.
UNISA is the largest open distance learning university in South Africa As a comprehensive university, Unisa offers both vocational and academic programmes, many of which have received international accreditation, as well as an extensive geographical footprint, giving their students recognition and employability in many countries the world over and the longest still-in-existence open distance university in the world.
Founded in 1873 as the University of the Cape of Good Hope, the University of South Africa (or Unisa as it is commonly known) spent most of its early history as an examining agency for Oxford and Cambridge universities and as an incubator from which most other universities in South Africa are descended. In 1946, it was given a new role as a distance education university and today it offers certificate, diploma and degree courses up to doctoral level.
In January 2004, Unisa merged with Technikon Southern Africa (formerly known as Technikon SA) and incorporated the distance education component of Vista University. The combined institution retained the name University of South Africa. It is now organised by college and by school.
UNISA APPLICATION GUIDE
- Copy of your school qualifications. For a list of acceptable school qualifications for admission per country, visit http://mb.usaf.ac.za/
- Copy of your tertiary academic qualifications (if applicable)
- Copy of your passport
- Copy of your marriage certificate (if applicable) or divorce decree (if applicable)
- Original sworn translations of documents if they are not in English or Afrikaans
- M30 form – Application for a Certificate of Conditional Exemption (ONLY for admission to Bachelor’s Degree studies – not for BTech degree studies) (PDF 33KB) and supporting documents if you are applying for a certificate of exemption
Please note that some qualifications may require additional documents. Unisa reserves the right to request original documents and/or to verify the correctness of submitted documents at any time.
*Please note the following rules for uploading supporting documents:
- Files cannot be larger than 2MB (2048KB) each.
- Only black and white documents may be submitted.
- Only the following file types are allowed: pdf (Adobe Acrobat Portable Document format file), doc (Word document file) or tif (image file).
- Unisa does not provide scanners or electronic devices. Please ensure that your documents are in an electronic format before starting the application process.
HOW TO APPLY
- All prospective students who want to study through Unisa must apply for admission. Visit www.unisa.ac.za/apply for more information.
FOR APPLICATION DATE, VISIT: www.unisa.ac.za/apply. Which will commence on august.
We cherish your opinion and we look forward to it. Hence, if you need us to feed you with more updated information at the right time about University of South Africa Admission 2018, kindly provide us your phone number and email Address in the comment box below.