University of Medical Sciences, UNIMED, Ondo State post UTME screening exercise application form for the 2016/2017 academic session is now on sale.UNIMED cut-off mark is 180.
Applications are invited from suitably qualified candidates for admission into the University of Medical Sciences, Ondo State various degree programmes for the 2017/2018 academic session.
ABOUT ONDO STATE UNIVERSITY OF MEDICAL SCIENCES.
Ondo State University of Medical Sciences, has been accredited by the National University Commision, NUC, and is thus to run full services as the first specialized medical institution in Nigeria. The University of Medical Sciences is the first of such in Nigeria and the third in the whole of Africa. This recognition also puts the university as the 139th university in the country. The Ondo State Governor, Dr Olusegun Mimiko received the confirmation in a letter from the NUC Executive Secretary, Professor Julius Okojie.
The University has been approved by the National Universities Commission (NUC) in April 2015 to offer courses in all medical science disciplines. The goal of the University is to provide exceptional high quality and integrated training and comprehensive experience in the medical sciences that meet contemporary international accreditation standards. The University is a fully residential institution and has excellent teaching and training facilities.
Ondo State University of Medical Sciences – Available Courses.
1. Faculty of Clinical Sciences
- Medicine and Surgery
2. Faculty of Dentistry
3. Faculty of Basic Clinical Sciences
- Medical Laboratory Sciences
4. Faculty of Basic Medical Sciences
5. Faculty of Allied Health Sciences
- Nursing Sciences
6. Faculty of Science
- Physics (Electronics and Medical Physics Options)
- Biological Sciences (Animal & Environmental Biology; Microbiology; Plant Biology and Biotechnology Options)
SUBJECT COMBINATION: All courses in Faculties 1 – 6 above require English Language, Physics, Chemistry and Biology in UTME. Candidates for Mathematics programme require English Language, Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics or Biology in the UTME.
UNIVERSITY OF MEDICAL SCIENCES ONDO STATE ADMISSION ELIGIBILITY.
- Candidates who made University of Medical Sciences Ondo their first and second choices in the 2017 UTME and scored 180 and above are eligible for the screening.In addition, candidates who did not choose the University of Medical Sciences Ondo and are willing to change to the University are also eligible for the screening.
Candidates must possess five (5) credit passes at one sitting in relevant O/level subjects including English Language and Mathematics for the MBBS/BDS programme and not more than two sittings in relevant O/Level subjects including English and Mathematics for other programmes in the University.
- Direct entry candidates who have already applied to JAMB and who possess minimum of 10 points in relevant ‘A’ level subjects or a Sc. (Hons) degree in the basic medical or biological sciences with a minimum of second class (lower division) are also eligible to apply for Medicine and Surgery and Dentistry Courses.
ONDO STATE UNIVERSITY OF MEDICAL SCIENCES POST UTME – METHOD OF APPLICATION.
Eligible candidates should log on to University website www.unimed.edu.ng . Then, take the following steps:
- Click on Admission;
- Click on Post-UTME Payment to make payment via online payment system or commercial bank through e-Tranzact (Total Fee Payable is N12,500 including bank charges);
- Click on Payment Confirmation if payment was made through commercial bank;
- Click on Post-UTME Application after payment;
- Login with UTME registration number and payment Transaction ID as password to complete the screening form.
For more details on payment and application, check the University’s website (www.unimed.edu.ng). ON NO ACCOUNT SHOULD CANDIDATES MAKE PAYMENT TO ANY UNAUTHORISED ACCOUNT. PLEASE SEEK CLARIFICATION IN CASE OF DOUBT
Screening Exercise Dates: Thursday 5th – Saturday 7th October, 2017 beginning from 7.00am daily
|Faculty of Clinical Sciences, Faculty of Dentistry, Faculty of Basic Clinical Sciences and Faculty of Basic Medical Sciences||5th & 6th October, 2017|
|Faculty of Allied Health Sciences, Faculty of Science and Direct Entry Candidates||7th October, 2017|
Venue: MIS Centre, Adeyemi College of Education, Ondo City
ALSO NOTE THAT
- All candidates are requested to bring along the following items to the screening venue:
- JAMB UTME Notification of Results/Registration Slips for Direct-Entry Candidates;
- Depositor’s copy of Bank Teller;
- Print – out of e-Tranzact payment receipt (collected from Bank)
- Printed copy of the completed UNIMED Admission Screening Exercise Online Registration Form
- For more information or clarifications candidates are advised to visit the University website – unimed.edu.ng, send an e-mail email@example.com, or call the following phone numbers: +234-816-370-3824, +234-905-826-3636.
- Any candidate who fails to present himself/herself for the Admission Screening Exercise will NOT be considered for admission.
Kindly note that the University does NOT have individual/sales agents. For the avoidance of doubt, valid and authentic details about admissions into the programmes offered by UNIMED can be obtained only at the University’s administrative and liaison offices; and at the university’s website www.unimed.edu.ng
Kindly note also, that valid payments for purchase of forms can only be done as described above and NOT into any individual’s account. Anyone who deals with any individual and/or makes payments into any individual’s account does so at her/his own risk!