National Teachers Institute, Kaduna, NTI Admission Application Form For The 2017 Academic Year Is Out.
The National Teachers Institute (NTI), Kaduna admission application forms for the 2017 academic year is now out online. Interested candidates can now apply for admission into Bachelor’s Degree in Education (B.A/B.SC), Postgraduate Diploma in Education (P.G.D.E.), Advanced Diploma in Education (A.D.E.) and Nigeria Certificate in Education (N.C.E.) programmes using the guidelines below.
(A) N.C.E. Programme:
The Nigerian Certificate in Education (N.C.E.) is a special A-Level grade Course intended for secondary school leavers or their equivalent. On the one hand, it is taken as an A-Level Course because it upgrades the knowledge of its student to an A-Level standard in the particular subject of his/her choice; while on the other hand it is referred to as SPECIAL A-level because it also equipts the students with the technics and methodologies of TEACHING.
NTI offers the following combination in line with the N.C.E. recommendations:
- Primary Education Studies /Cultural/ Creative Arts
- Primary Education Studies /English Language
- Primary Education Studies/ Mathematics
- Primary Education Studies/ Islamic Religious Studies
- Primary Education Studies /Christian Religious Studies
- Primary Education Studies/ Social studies
- Primary Education Studies /Integrated Science
- Physical / Health Education (Double Major).
Entry Requirements for the N.C.E. Programmes: The MAIN requirement is 5 Credits passes in any of the following certificates. One of the Credit pass MUST be in the Subject for which the candidate intends to make it his chosen Teaching Subject.
– Grade II Teachers’ Certificate (TC-II)
– Pivotal Teachers’ Certificate (PTC)
– West African School Certificate (WASC)
– National Examination Council (NECO-SSCE)
– General Certificate Examination (GCE)
– National Business and Technical Examination Board (NABTEB) Certificate
– Higher Islamic Studies Certificate (HISC).
However, existing teachers with Five (5) Years of Teaching Experience but who are without the number of Credit passes mentioned above can be considered.
(B) Advanced Diploma Programmes:
NTI offers THREE (3) types of Advanced Diplomas in special areas of Education. These are:-
- Advanced Diploma in Guidance and Counselling.
- Advanced Diploma in School supervision / Inspection.
- Advanced Diploma in Early Childhood Education.
These special areas are intended specifically for N.C.E. graduate Teachers who wish to upgrade their professional knowledge. However, holders of Ordinary Diploma in non-education fields who are teaching or intend to take up teaching appointment later can also be considered.
The Entry Requirements for Our Advanced Diploma Programmes: An NCE Certificate from a RECOGNIZED College of Education is the Minimum Entry requirement. However, existing Teachers with ND certificate from RECOGNIZED Polytechnic or Colleges of Agric can be considered for any of the Advanced Diploma Programmes.
(C) P.G.D.E. Programme:
The Postgraduate Diploma in Education is a higher Diploma that is specifically designed for Non-Education graduates that are either currently teaching or intend to take up teaching appointment in later life. It contents cover not only the techniques and methodologies of teaching, but also covers special professional areas like Educational Planning / Administration, Guidance and Counselling, Early Childhood Education, School Supervision and inspection etc.
The Entry Requirements for the Our Postgraduate Diploma Programme: The MAIN requirement is 5 Credits passes in any of the following certificates. One of the Credit pass MUST be in the Subject for which the candidate intends to make it his chosen Teaching Subject.
– A, B.Sc, B.Agric., B.Eng., B.Tech., LLB.
– MBA, M.Sc, M.Agric., M.Eng., M.Tech., LLM
– PHD Certificates
– HND Certificates.
An NYSC Discharge Certificate or a Letter of Exemption from NYSC Service is required as evidence of the RECOGNIZED Status of the University / Polytechnic attended and the Qualification Obtained.
(D) Bachelor’s Degree in Education (BA/B.SC)
METHOD OF APPLICATION
Interested candidates are to visit the NTI Portal via; www.ntionline.net to apply for admission after payment of application fee and obtaining of Application PIN.
Application charges are as follows;
– BA/B.SC ED [N10,000]
– P.G.D.E. [N2,350]
– ADVANCE DIPLOMA [N2,350]
– N.C.E. [N2,350].
NB: All application must be done online.
For list of NTI Study Centres nationwide, visit the official National Teachers’ Institute website via; www.nti-nigeria.org