National Open University of Nigeria, NOUN admission application forms are currently on sale for the 2018/2019 academic session. Noun Admission, National Open University of Nigeria | www.nou.edu.ng, NOUN Admission Form, How to Apply For NOUN Admission And NOUN Admission Requirements
Applications are hereby invited from suitably qualified candidates for admission into the National Open University of Nigeria (NOUN) Certificate, Diploma, Undergraduates, Postgraduate Diploma, Masters Degree and Doctor Of Philosophy (Ph.D) Programmes.
NOUN operates a flexible mode of study which allows a student to determine the pace, place, time and medium of study. Students’ support facilities are available at all our Study Centres nationwide.
- How to Apply for NOUN Admission.
- NOUN Study Centres.
- NOUN School Fees
- JAMB Brochure (check the requirements for each programme).
NOUN Admission Requirements for All Programmes.
Before you proceed, check: List Of Courses Offered by NOUN.
1. Certificate Programmes
a) Proficiency Certificate Programmes
- No previous experience or qualification is necessary.
- Ability to read and write will be an advantage.
Note: Candidates for Proficiency Certificates will NOT be qualified to proceed to Certificates/Diploma programmes without possessing the requisite basic qualifications.
b) University (Academic) Certificate Programmes
- Junior Secondary School Certificate.
- Minimum of 2 credits in SSCE/GCE ‘O’ Level, NECO, NABTEB and at not more than two sittings.
- T.C II with at least 2 merits at not more than two sittings.
- Mature candidates of 30 years and above with relevant work experience of not less than 10 years or evidence of prior knowledge/proficiency in a relevant field may be considered on their merit.
- I’dadiyah Certificate of Standard Islamiyyah School.
2. Diploma Programmes
- A minimum of three credits in SSCE/GCE ‘O’ Level, NECO and NABTEB at not more than two sittings with at least a pass in English Language.
- A minimum of three merits in Teacher Grade II Certificate at not more than two sittings.
- Senior Islamic School Certificate/Higher Islamiyyah Certificate including Arabic and Islamic Studies
- Thanawiyyah Certificate of Standard Islamiyyah School.
- NOUN Academic Certificate and Certificates of other recognized institutions.
Note: To qualify to proceed to appropriate degree programme of NOUN, holders of Diploma Certificates would be required to make up any deficiencies in their SSCE/GCE, NECO, NABTEB and T.C II.
3. Undergraduate Programmes.
- Five (5) SSC credit passes or equivalents at not more than two (2) sittings obtained in subjects relevant to the proposed field(s) of study.
- Teachers’ Grade II Certificate with a minimum of five (5)merit passes or in combination with any equivalent qualification to obtain five (5) ‘O’ level credit passes. Candidates seeking admission into the School of Law must have five (5) ‘O’ level credit passes including English Language, Literature in English and at least a Pass in Mathematics at not more than two (2) sittings in SSC or GCE ‘O’ level only.
- The School of Arts and Social Sciences require that one of the five (5) ‘O’ level credit passes must be in English Language, while at least two (2) should be in subjects relevant to the proposed programme.
- For School of Business and Human Resources Management, the five (5) ‘O’ level credit passes must include English Language and Mathematics.
- For School of Education, the five (5) ‘O’ level credit passes must include English Language and Mathematics for Science Education; and English Language for all Humanities.
- For School of Science and Technology, the five (5) ‘O’ level credit passes must include Mathematics and English Language.
- ND from recognised institutions.
- NCE in subject(s) relevant to the proposed programme of study; Early Childhood and Primary Education Programme requires a minimum of one (1) Merit and two (2) passes at NCE.
- At least two (2) ‘A’ level passes in relevant subjects obtained from International Baccalaureate or IJMB and the pre-requisite number of ‘O’ level credit passes. Candidates for entry into the School of Law must have a minimum of second class (lower) degree from any recognized university with at least five (5) ‘O’ level credit passes including English Language, Literature in English and a pass in Mathematics at not more than two (2) sittings in SSC or GCE ‘O’ Level only.
- Five (5) ‘0’ level credit passes and ‘A’ level passes must be in subjects relevant to the proposed programme (s).
- ‘O’ level credit pass in Mathematics is required for all Sciences and Technology, Business Education and Science Education Programmes. ‘O’ level pass in Mathematics may be considered for Social Sciences Programmes. Also, ‘O’ level pass in English Language may be considered for Physics and Mathematics Programmes.
- Candidates applying for B.A English, B.A. (Ed) English and B.Sc. Mass Communication must have ‘O’ level credit pass in Literature in English.
- Holders of First Degree, HND or RN with prior knowledge and relevant work experience may be considered for advanced placement and waiver.
- Candidates awaiting results of any relevant examination may also apply; they should however note that processing of application will not be completed until entry requirements are met.
4. POSTGRADUATE DIPLOMA PROGRAMMES
Candidates seeking admission must possess either Bachelor Degree Certificates or equivalent from institutions recognised by the Senate of NOUN; or
- Holders of HND with a minimum of Lower Credit from institutions recognised by the Senate of NOUN.
- Candidates seeking admission into the School of Law must possess a minimum of L.L.B degree.
- candidate seeking admission for PGD Agricultural Extension and Management must possess a Bachelor’s degree with at least 3rd class division is required. Candidates with pass degree and minimum of 3 years related experience may be accepted. HND holders in Agric Science or other related disciplines may be admitted. Holders of Bachelor degree in basic Science, Biological/Earth Sciences, and Agricultural Sciences from Universities that are recognised by NOUN are admitable.
- candidate seeking admission for the PGD HIV/AIDS Education and Management must possess HND or a good first degree in related field of study. In addition, 5 credits in English, Mathematics, a science subject and 2 other subjects.
5. MASTERS DEGREE PROGRAMMES
- A first degree with a minimum of Second Class Lower from a University recognised by the Senate of NOUN in a related field or study.
- A postgraduate diploma in a related field from a University recognised by Senate may also be admitted.
- A good honours degree in Education (Arts, Languages, Sciences, Social Sciences, Vocational and Technical subjects) from any University recognized by the Senate of NOUN.
- Prospective students seeking admission for M.Sc. HIV/AIDS Management are required to have PGD in HIV/AIDS education and management as well as 5 credits in: English and Mathematics, a science subject and 2 other subjects.
6. DOCTOR OF PHILOSOPHY (PH.D) PROGRAMMES
- For the Doctor of Philosophy degree programmes, candidates must possess a masters degree in relevant fields of study from a University recognised by the Senate of the NOUN with a minimum score average of not less than 60% or a Cumulative Grade Point Average (CGPA) of 3.5 on a 5-point scale.
- Candidates for Ph.D Programmes will be invited for an interactive session before an offer of admission is made.
- Candidates are advised to forward transcripts of their academic records and three (3) referees report, 2 of which must be from persons very well acquainted with the candidate’s academic work, to the Dean, Postgraduate School from which admission is requested.
How to Apply for NOUN Admission.
The entire process is electronic and online for 24-hours a day. The method of application is as follows:
- Visit the site www.nouonline.net
- On the Home Page, go to the Menu Bar, Click on Apply for Admission
- Select either Undergraduate Programme or Postgraduate Programme. Other programme is not available at the moment
- Goto “Choose Faculty” (note it can be found at the left hand side of the screen)
- Select Faculty
- Fill displayed form
- Click below to view admission criteria
- Click “Apply” to proceed.
- Take note of the UNIQUE ID displayed
- Click ‘Continue’ button
- Select Bank Branch as payment type
- Click “Pay”
- Copy and take your RRR number to any bank branch for payment.
- Perform step 1 to 3
- Goto “Continue After Payment”
- Input Unique ID, RRR number and Programme
- Click “Proceed”
- Fill Form. Note: all fields marked with red star are compulsory.
After filling form
- Click “Submit”
- Print Admission Letter
- Visit the nearest study centre for screening
Applicants are advised to insist on paying the stipulated cost only and obtain official receipt at the point of payment.
Pay as follow for NOUN online application forms:
- Undergraduate Programmes N5, 000.00 (five thousand naira only)
- Postgraduate (PGD and Masters) Programmes N7, 500.00 (Seven thousand five hundred naira only).
- Doctor of Philosophy (Ph.D) Programmes N10,000.00 (Ten Thousand Naira only).