All You Need To Know About The Federal Government of Nigeria, FGN Savings Bond (FGNSB)
The Federal Government of Nigeria Savings Bond (FGN Savings Bond) is a new retail investment instrument introduced by the Federal Government of Nigeria, through the Debt Management Office (DMO).
WHY THE FGN SAVINGS BOND WAS INTRODUCED
- To promote the savings culture in Nigeria while giving retail investors the opportunity to earn income from a secure investment.
- To provide an avenue for more Nigerians to participate in the capital market through an instrument accessible to all income groups.
- As a means for diversifying the funding sources of the Government for National development.
WHAT ARE THE FEATURES OF THE FGN SAVINGS BOND?
- The FGNSB is issued monthly in tenors of 2 and 3 years.
- Interest will be paid to investors every quarter.
- The FGNSB is offered to investors through Offer for Subscription at an interest rate announced by the DMO.
- The Offer for subscription will be open for 5 days from the date of announcement.
- Minimum subscription amount is N5,000.00 with additions in multiples of N1,000.00, subject to a maximum of N50,000,000.00.
- There will be no fees or charges for subscriptions.
- The accounts of investors in the Central Securities Clearing System (CSCS) will be credited and text alerts will be sent to investors on Settlement Day.
- The FGNSB is listed on The Nigerian Stock Exchange and it can be sold before maturity by investors.
- The Bond is backed by the full faith and credit of the Federal Government of Nigeria.
THE BENEFITS OF FGN SAVINGS BOND
- Interest income, which is exempted from tax, is paid into the bond-holder’s account every quarter.
- Investment in the FGNSB is a risk-free investment because it is backed by the full faith and credit of the Federal Government of Nigeria.
- The FGNSB is a good instrument for saving towards retirement, marriage, school fees, housing projects etc.
- The FGNSB can be used as collateral for loans.
- The bond can be sold in the secondary market whenever investors need cash.
WHEN CAN I INVEST IN THE FGNSB?
The FGNSB will be issued every month. The Issuance Calendar for 2017 is shown below:
|March||13th – 17th||2 Years|
|April||3rd – 7th||2 and 3 Years|
|May||8th – 12th||2 and 3 Years|
|June||5th – 9th||2 and 3 Years|
|July||3rd – 7th||2 and 3 Years|
|August||7th – 11th||2 and 3 Years|
|September||4th – 8th||2 and 3 Years|
|October||9th – 13th||2 and 3 Years|
|November||6th – 10th||2 and 3 Years|
|December||4th – 8th||2 and 3 Years|
IT’S EASY TO INVEST IN THE FGNSB
Investing in FGN Savings Bond is easy.
- Download the subscription form from THIS LINK
- Contact any of the stockbroking firms accredited by the DMO to market and distribute the FGN Savings Bond which are listed on THIS LINK
Follow DMO NIGERIA on your favourite social media networks for more updates.
Invest in the FGN Savings Bond Today!