David Oyedepo Foundation postgraduate scholarship scheme application form for the 2017/2018 academic session is out.
The David Oyedepo Foundation Covenant University Postgraduate scholarship award is one of our major platforms for promoting the Foundation’s vision and goals. The scholarship, which grants students the opportunity to study in Covenant University, Nigeria seeks to develop youth leaders who are ready to put their learned skills to work in leading organizations, communities and their local countries.
In addition to maintaining a high academic standard and demonstrating a commitment to continuous capacity development as leaders, students on the scholarship would be expected to carry out a community development project and would be expected to work in a social impact driven organization each summer for a 6-week period as a volunteer under standard work conditions.
Field(s) of study:
Programs covered by the DOF CU Postgraduate Scholarship Award are
- International Relations
- Industrial Chemistry
- Industrial Physics
- Computer Science
- Industrial Physics
- Civil Engineering
- Electrical and Electronics Engineering
- Information and Communication Technology
- Mechanical Engineering
- Chemical Engineering
The scholarships are open to citizens and residents of African Countries. Scholarship value/inclusions:
Full academic tuition as stipulated by school for selected course.
Duration of Scholarship: The scholarship is for a maximum of 2 years (this is in accordance with the university’s stipulated time for course completion).
The DOF CU Postgraduate Scholarship Award is open to Young Africans who:
- Are eligible to commence postgraduate studies in 2017.
- Are citizens and permanent residents of any African Nation
- Are eligible to receive a Nigerian student visa
- Are proficient in oral and written English
- Have a record of exceptional performance at the Undergraduate school level which is benchmarked by a First-Class CGPA from any accredited and approved University.
- Already have begun admission applications to a Master’s degree program in Covenant University.
- In good health.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
Scholars must meet set DOF criteria in order for the scholarship to be renewed at the commencement of each new session.
- Maintain a 4.5 CGPA at the end of each semester.
- Volunteer for 6 weeks in an organization committed to social impact during the long summer holiday.
- Carry out a community development project each year which can occur at any time during the year but must be in the scholar’s local community.
- Maintain a high standard of character in line with the University’s requirement throughout duration of study within and outside the school premises.
- Applicants should visit the foundation’s website http://www.davidoyedepofoundation.org/dof-scholarships. Read the application instructions and complete the offline application. To submit, you are to send an email containing the scanned copy of the application form, CV as well as the essays in doc, docx or pdf formats.
- The subject of the application submission email is to be in this format: PG SCHOLARSHIP – NAME OF APPLICANT (SURNAME FIRST), e.g. PG SCHOLARSHIP – JOHNSON PETERS.
- All essays and required submissions must be completed by the applicant. Under no circumstance is any third party expected to write essays on behalf of applicants.
- Each applicant must be available for online interviews that would be scheduled upon completion of application.
- Proof of Admission/Studentship is required only at the point of award. Hence applications can be submitted before admission letters have been received.
CLICK HERE to download the application form.
Note: The Foundation does not secure admission to Covenant University. All admission to is to be secured independently by going through the CU admission process. All inquiry for admission can be directed to the University through their website http://covenantuniversity.edu.ng/.
Scholarship Award is CONDITIONAL on University admission. For foreign applicants, All VISA processing would be handled by the applicant and ticket details would only be sent across after proof of Secured Student VISA has been sent to the Foundation after award has been granted.
Selection panels will use the following criteria to evaluate applications (not in order of importance):
- A proven record of superior scholastic ability
- Displayed financial need
- Applicant must not be older than 30 years of age by September 2017.
- Outstanding character
- A proven record of leadership and community involvement
- A commitment to influence home community with skills learned
For further enquiry, send an email to email@example.com.
The deadline for applications for the David Oyedepo Foundation Covenant University Postgraduate Scholarship Award is 11.59 pm GMT + 01.00 on Friday 30thJune, 2017. All applications are purely by email submission.