University of Uyo, UNIUYO postgraduate admission application form for the 2016/2017 academic session is out. See How To Apply For UNIUYO PG School
Applications are invited from suitably qualified candidates for admission into the Postgraduate Programmes of the University of Uyo (UNIUYO), for the 2015/2016 academic session. List of available programmes is available here.
DURATION OF UNIUYO POSTGRADUATE PROGRAMMES.
- All Full-time Master’s degree programmes last for a minimum period of four semesters and a maximum period of six semesters.
- All Full-time Doctoral Programmes last for a minimum period of six semesters and a maximum period of ten semesters.
- PGD in Education last for a minimum of two semesters and a maximum of four semesters for all full time students.
- PGD in Engineering last for a minimum of four semesters and a maximum of six semesters for all full time students.
- PGD in Economics last for a minimum of two semesters and a maximum of four semesters for all full time students.
CANDIDATES ELIGIBLE FOR UNIUYO POSTGRADUATE PROGRAMMES.
- To qualify for admission into the Postgraduate Diploma (PGD) programme, applicants should be graduates of the University of Uyo or any other University recognized by the Senate of the University of Uyo, or persons who hold qualifications adjudged by the Senate of the University of Uyo to be equivalent to first degree or holders of recognized Higher National Diploma.
- To qualify for admission into a Master’s degree programme, applicants should be graduates with not less than Second Class Honours degrees in the Lower Division with, (a) CGPA of 2.75 on a five-point scale, (b) CGPA of 2.2 points on a four-points scale and (c) Second Class lower division (irrespective of CGPA) for the Master’s degree programme in Architecture. (d) Candidates for admission into M.Sc Medical Microbiology should be graduates of either of the following: (i) Microbiology with 2.75 CGPA (ii) Virology and a Postgraduate Diploma in Microbiology (PGDM) (iii) MBBCh/MBBS or its equivalent.
- Applicants for admission into Doctoral Degree programmes should be graduates of the University of Uyo or any other University recognised by the Senate of the University of Uyo, who possess Master’s degrees with dissertation and course work average, which should not be less than 60% (B).
- Applicants will be required to have credit pass at ‘O’ Level in five relevant subjects including English Language and Mathematics obtained at not more than two sittings. Candidates with ‘O’ Level examination results before 2010 must possess their certificates and not statement of results or result slips.
- Applicants for LLM & Ph. D in Law must in addition to the above have credit passes in ‘O’ Level English Literature.
- All applicants will be subjected to Screening Tests which dates would be published later.
- NYSC Discharge or Exemption certificates must be submitted by all applicants.
- Applicants who obtained their degrees through Remedial Programmes must show evidence of having remedied the relevant subjects for their programmes externally e. through WASCE, NECO, NABTEB.
- In addition to other qualifications, applicants are expected to meet the departmental requirements for their programmes.
Applicants must return their completed forms with a Thesis/Dissertation Proposal captured on the prescribed Postgraduate School proposal sheet. Such proposals should capture the following: Title, Aim/Objectives, Relevance of Study, Methodology, Expected Results among others.
Candidates should remember to request at the time of purchase of the forms that their relevant academic transcript and letters of reference be forwarded to: The Secretary, Postgraduate School, University of Uyo, P.M.B. 1017, Uyo, Akwa Ibom State. Admissions will not normally be offered without transcripts and letters of reference.
METHOD OF APPLICATION: Application Forms can be accessed ONLINE on payment of the sum of N15,000.00 (Fifteen Thousand Naira) only: To make payment, generate Remita Retrieval Reference H (RRRFI) via http://eportals.uniuyo.edu.ng and make payment in any commercial bank nationwide. After payment return to the portal to complete your registration by clicking on Login form Link and enter your RRRFI.
CLOSING DATE: All completed Application forms with photocopies of relevant credentials and duplicate copy of receipt of payment for the application form should reach the Office of the Secretary, Postgraduate School not later than six weeks from the date of this publication. Applications received after the above deadline will not be considered.
Date of publication is – 17-6-2016.NGSchoolz Team