The University of Lagos (UNILAG) wishes to inform members of the general public, particularly the 2015/2016 UTME candidates as well as their parents and guardians that:
1. Of the 31, 955 candidates who scored 200 and above in the 2015/2016 Joint Admissions and Matriculation Board Unified Tertiary Examinations (UTME) and chose University of Lagos as their first choice institution,26,732 candidates registered for the post-UTME screening exercise for admissions into University of Lagos for the 2015/2016 session.
2. The screening exercise was carried out from Wednesday, August 12 to Friday, August 14, 2015.
3. 17,935 candidates passed the screening test with a minimum score of 40%. 309 candidates did not show up for the test while 118 candidates were disqualified for failure to follow the instructions for the Computer Based Test (CBT).
4. 393 results were initially withheld on suspicion of malpractices. On further scrutiny, 271 of these results have been confirmed as cases involving malpractices and continue to be withheld for further investigation. The remaining 122 results have been released.
5. The cut-off marks for admissions into the various programmes offered by the University have since been released on the University website. All candidates are advised to visit the University website www.unilag.edu.ng for the cut-off marks and individual scores.
6. The University of Lagos does not require any additional payments in respect of admission. Any request made by anyone for payment for assistance for admission is fraudulent. For emphasis, CANDIDATES ARE ADVISED NOT TO MAKE ANY PAYMENT TO ANYONE FOR ANY PURPOSE RELATED TO ADMISSIONS.
7 Anyone found to be involved in any form of solicitation, giving or receiving money or benefit of any kind with respect to facilitating admissions into the University of Lagos will be reported to the appropriate law enforcement agent. Additionally, candidates found to have offered or given money or benefit in kind for admission into the University will be disqualified from admission.
8 Candidates are hereby advised to desist from seeking information and any other form of assistance in relation to admissions from sites other than the university official website: www.unilag.edu.ng.
9. Candidates requiring additional information or assistance should contact the Admissions Office on the following help lines: 07046537158, 07046283240, 08182716045, and 07043359831 or by email@example.comNGSchoolz Team