How To Apply For Nigeria Higher Education Foundation,NHEF Scholarship Essay Competition 2016
The Nigeria Higher Education Foundation (NHEF) wishes to inform undergraduate students in their Partner Universities that the 2016 edition of the scholarship essay competition has commenced.
i) All students enrolled in their penultimate year at the NHEF Partner University are qualified to participate in the essay contest.
ii) NHEF Partner Universities include Ahmadu Bello University, Bayero University Kano, University of Ibadan, University of Nigeria, Nsukka and the University of Port Harcourt.
iii) Students enrolled in their penultimate year are third year undergraduates of a 4-year degree program or Fourth year undergraduates of a 5-year degree program.
2nd Annual NHEF Essay Competition Topics:
1. “The educated differ from the uneducated as much as the living from the dead” -Aristotle. Discuss the validity of this statement.
2. Explore the relationship between a developed higher education sector and long-term economic growth?
3. What is the role / function of innovation versus tradition in Nigeria’s development?
Essay Submission Criteria & Procedure:
a. No literary form other than an essay will be accepted.
b. Each piece of writing must reflect the contestant’s ability to explore and discuss ideas and ethical concepts.
c. Essay must demonstrate the conduct of research and a sufficiently detailed summary.
d. Essays must be 2000 words in length, double-spaced, (12-inch Times new roman ), and numbered pages with one-inch margins excluding bibliography & title page.
e. Each essay must include a Title Page, a Bibliography and a scanned copy of the contestant’s current student ID.
f. Entries must be submitted in Microsoft Word or PDF format.
g. References in the essay should be included and clearly identified.
h. All entries must be submitted via e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org by 11:59 p.m. (WAT) on March 31st, 2016.
1. The Grand prize winner of the 2016 Essay Competition will be awarded a cash prize of N100,000 with a year of paid tuition.
2. First runner-up will be awarded a cash prize of N75,000 with a year of paid tuition.
3. Second runner-up will be awarded N50,000 with a year of paid tuition.
Note: Enrollment will be verified with the university’s registrar.
Disclaimer: Submitted essays will become the property of the NHEF. The NHEF may reprint the essays in its mediums and publications. Appropriate citations will be given to all the writers.