According news reaching us,Residents of Edede, Owerri in Imo State, on Friday, woke up to hear the news of the mysterious death of two male staff members of Home Best Hotel, who passed away in their sleep in the same room in the hotel.
An eyewitness, who narrated the incident to
our correspondent, said one of the
deceased, Chima Nnadi , 25, a part-time student of the Federal Polytechnic, Nekede, Owerri, who hails from Enyiogugu, Aboh Mbaise Local Government Area of Imo State, put off a generating set that was running close to their room at about 11.39pm.
The eyewitness added that Nnadi retired
into the room where Chukwunonso
Ebubealo, 29, from Awka in Anambra State,
was already asleep.
Both men were however found dead by
another employee of the hotel, who forced
the door of their room open on the
instruction of the hotel manager, simply
known as Ngozi, after both men were not
seen at there duty posts at about 9am on
The Chief Vigilante of the area, Anayo
Adiele, said the deceased staff had a good
relationship and dismissed any allegation of
both taking their own lives.
One of the residents of the area, who
declined to disclose his identity, said, “I
don’t think they died of any generator fume,
they put off the generator before going to
bed. I think both of them might have died
of poison from the last meal they ate that
The state Police Public Relations Officer,
Andrew Enwerem, said he had yet to be
briefed officially on the tragic incident.
Our correspondent, who visited the scene,
reported that the corpse of the young men
have since been deposited at the Federal
Medical Centre, Owerri, for autopsy.(Punch)