National Examinations Council, NECO: Guidelines for the 2016 June/July Senior School Certificate Examination (SSCE) Registration. Registration fee for 2016 June/July SSCE is N11,350.00 (Eleven Thousand Three Hundred and Fifty Naira) only per candidate.
ELIGIBILITY FOR REGISTRATION
Principals/Commandants of Schools are hereby informed that only candidates in their final year of the Senior Secondary School (i.e. SS3) are eligible for registration. For the avoidance of doubt, the 2016 June/July SSCE is meant for only school based candidates in Nigeria and overseas. It is not meant for private candidates. Principals/Commandants of Schools and Ministries of Education should endeavour to enforce the eligibility condition.
The registration will be strictly on-line, using the cards purchased from respective NECO State Offices. Registration can be done on the website at anytime within the stipulated registration period using the facilities of any reputable cyber cafe.
The following are the registration procedures for Principals/Commandants of Schools presenting bona-fide candidates for examination in 2016.
ENTRY SCHEDULES AND SUBJECT ANALYSIS FORMS
School Principals/Commandants are to collect Entry Schedules and Subject Analysis Forms for their SS3 candidates from NECO Offices in their respective States as from Monday, 18th January, 2016.
Registration fee for 2016 June/July SSCE is N11,350.00 (Eleven Thousand Three Hundred and Fifty Naira) only per candidate.
COMPLETION OF ENTRY SCHEDULE AND PURCHASE OF ON-LINE SCRATCH CARDS
The carbonized entry schedules are to be completed in duplicate and submitted at point of purchase of on-line scratch cards.
On-line Pin Number/Scratch Cards are to be purchased at the respective NECO State Offices.
Schools shall submit to the NECO State Office the following:
- Evidence of payment made into NECO Treasury Single Account (TSA) from any of the Commercial Banks for the total number of candidates presented.
- Completed original and duplicate copies of the Entry Schedules duly endorsed by the State Ministry of Education
- Completed subject analysis forms
Items 1, 2 and 3 above should be submitted latest by Monday 15th February, 2016 to be able to collect on-line E-Registration cards.
Schools shall thereafter, use the scratch cards to register their candidates on the NECO website using the facilities of any reputable cyber-cafe to obtain registration data of their candidates. The website is mynecoexams. com
All schools (Except Federal Government Institutions) must have their Entry Schedules endorsed by the relevant Department of the State Ministries of Education. Private schools are not exempted from this condition.
Please NOTE that once the names of candidates are filled on the Entry Schedule and submitted after registration, the Council does NOT GRANT OUTRIGHT REPLACEMENT OF REGISTERED CANDIDATE with UNREGISTERED one i.e NO REPLACEMENT OF NAME AFTER REGISTRATION.
Schools should endeavour to MONITOR their on-line registration process properly to minimize errors.
MINIMUM NUMBER OF CANDIDATES
The minimum number of candidates to be registered by a school is 20 (Twenty). Any school registering less than twenty candidates shall pay a surcharge of N40,000.00 (Forty Thousand Naira Only).
- Photo-albums are to be purchased in pairs. Each photo album has a provision for 171 candidates. A page has a provision for nine candidates and there are nineteen pages. A pair of photo album cost N1,200.00 (One Thousand and Two Hundred Naira Only). The candidates photographs pasted in the two photo albums MUST BE THE SAME WITH THE ONE USED FOR ON-LINE REGISTRATION.
- After completion, one copy of the photo album is to be submitted to NECO State Office while the school retains the other copy.
RETURN OF COMPLETED REGISTRATION DOCUMENTS
School Principals/Commandants shall return a copy of the downloaded on-line data of registered candidates to NECO Office in their respective States.
REGISTRATION PERIOD AND CLOSING DATE
- The registration period is between Monday 18th January, 2016 and Monday 4th April, 2016.
- The website will be closed on Monday 4th April, 2016 at 00 midnight. Late registration will not be entertained.
- The last date for return of down-loaded statistics of the registered candidates by schools to respective NECO State Offices is Monday 11th April, 2016.
PLEASE NOTE THE FOLLOWING DATE AGAIN
- Collection of Entry Schedules by schools as from 18th January, 2016.
- Last date for on-line registration by schools 4th April, 2016.
- Last date for submission of down-loaded copies of on-line registration data by schools to State Offices, 11th April, 2016.
Recommended: NECO Timetable – 2016/2017 SSCE Is Out