Joint Admissions and Matriculation Board, JAMB Registration Form 2016/2017 – Closing Date, Registration Procedure
The Joint Admissions and Matriculation Board JAMB invites applications from suitably qualified candidates for admission into Nigeria Tertiary Institutions through the Unified Tertiary Matriculation Examination (UTME) for the 2016/2017 Academic Session.
1.0 Registration Period
1.1 The 2016 JAMB UTME registration commenced on Monday, 31st August, 2015 and ends on Friday, January 15, 2016 while the registration website will close on Tuesday, January 19, 2016.
2.0 General Entry Requirements
2.1 The general entry requirements approved for admission into the First Degree, National Diploma (ND), National Innovation Diploma (NID), and Nigeria Certificate in Education (NCE) programmes in Universities, other Degree-Awarding Institutions, Monotechnics, Polytechnics, Innovation Enterprise Institutes and Colleges of Education are available in the Brochure which accompanies registration materials.
2.2 Please note that a matriculated student in any university is not eligible to sit for the Unified Tertiary Matriculation Examination (UTME) except those who are transferring from foreign Universities.
2.3 Entry by Direct Application (DE)
Applicants with one of the following qualifications may be considered for admission by Direct Entry:
- A minimum of five (5) subjects passed at not more than two sittings with at least two at the Principal or Advanced level of the G.C.E. and the others, at credit level of the SSCE/GCE, NTC/NBC. No subject shall be counted at both Ordinary and Advanced levels.
- Two passes at the IJMB Advanced Level Examination or Cambridge moderated Schools of Basic Studies Terminal Examination or Institute of Baccalaureate from recognized institutions with SSCE/GCE, NTS/NBC credits equivalent in three other subjects (SUBJECT TO UNIVERSITY REQUIREMENTS).
- Passes in two major subjects in the NCE with S.S.C.E, NTC/NBC credits or equivalents in THREE other subjects (mainly for Education Courses). Education may be accepted as a third A’Level subject for those taking courses in Education.
3.0 Change of Courses and/or Institutions
- Change of course(s) and/or institutions shall be allowed by the Board after the release of results.
- The fee for change of course(s) and/or institutions is N2,500.00 (Two Thousand, Five Hundred Naira only).
4.0 Date and Venue for the 2016 Unified Tertiary Matriculation Examination
- The 2015 CBT will commence on Monday, February 29th and end on Monday, March 14th, 2016.
- The venue of the examination will be at the candidates’ chosen town during on-line registration.
5.0 Registration Fees
5.1 Registration fee for the 2016 Unified Tertiary Matriculation Examination is Five Thousand Naira Only (N5,000).
Candidates are also to pay N500.00 only to obtain the newly introduced novel, “The Last Days at Forcados High School”. However, candidates will only be issued the book at the point of registration after showing evidence of payment. The Board has made arrangement to provide the book to avoid the challenge of availability and piracy as experienced in the last exercise.
The Board has also introduced a regulated registration format where only JAMB Computer Based Test Centres and State offices nationwide are authorized to register candidates. This is to avoid a situation where candidates are being exploited, prevent incidence of impersonation and other acts of exam malpractice.
The registration cards are available at the selling points listed on the link below;
>> Where To Buy JAMB Registration Scratch Card
Note: If you are charged above Seven Hundred Naira (N700.00) by any CBT centre for registration including printing of two copies of your e-Slip, send a mail specifying your Registration Number and the amount charged to UTMERegistration.firstname.lastname@example.org
6.0 Registration Documents
At the point of purchase of the e-registration scratch cards, the following documents shall be made available for collection by every candidate.
- Syllabus for the examination in soft copy.
- Guidelines on admission (Brochure) in soft copy, detailing list of Tertiary Institutions and available programmes of study.
6.1 Please note that the items listed above are at NO EXTRA cost to the candidates, and writing materials and calculator will be made available to the candidate on the day of the examination.
7.0 Registration Centres
- In line with the Board’s regulated registration exercise, only accredited Computer Based Test Centres will be allowed to register candidates.
8.0 General Information
i. The registration fee, once paid is not refundable.
ii. Registration for the Unified Tertiary Matriculation Examination (UTME) is On-line (via internet) and all applicants are advised to register by themselves. All required information must be provided.
iii. Applicants are advised to read and understand the instructions on how to complete the on-line registration before visiting any cbt centre.
iv. Candidates should study the guidelines on admission before registration.
v. Candidates who damage or lose their scratch cards before registration will have to purchase another scratch card.
vi. Multiple entries are not allowed. Candidates who register more than once will have their entire results cancelled.
vii. Candidates should note that their uploaded image or photograph will be embossed on their result slips and admission letters.
viii. Candidates can access the Board’s website on (www.jamb.org.ng) for registration using the registration scratch card. Registration can be done on the website at anytime within the stipulated registration period through any of the accredited and authorised CBT centres.
ix. Candidates are to note that irrespective of their choice of course of study or method of testing, they will also be tested on a general book. “The Last Days at Forcados High School” By A.H. Mohammed
Candidates are to note that there will be no extension of the date of registration.