Joint Admissions and Matriculation Board, JAMB 2017: Three States With Highest Number Of Applicants Are Imo, Osun and Oyo States, Imo Has Highest Number Of UTME Candidates 2017.
The registrar of Joint Admission and Matriculation Board (JAMB), Is-haq Oloyede, has revealed that the exam body registered a total of 1, 736, 571 candidates for the 2017 Unified Tertiary Matriculation Examination (UTME).
Mr. Oloyede, who gave a breakdown detail of duly registered candidates for the UTME, said the number of registered candidates for the 2017 UTME rose by 464,287 compared with the 2016 figure of 1,272,284 candidates.
JAMB 2017 Statistics: List Of States With Highest Number Of UTME Applicants
Below is a list of states with highest applications:
- Imo State ===> 101, 868 candidates.
- Osun State ===> 88,655 candidates.
- Oyo State ===> 87,811 candidates.
- Ogun State ===> 81, 349 candidates.
- Delta State ===> 81,108 Candidates.
- Anambra State ===> 77,253 Candidates.
- Kaduna State ===> 72,104 Candidates.
- Kano State ===> 70,276 Candidates.
- Kogi State ===> 70,150 Candidates.
- Benue State ===> 68,916 Candidates.
He also said that a total of 321 visually candidates registered to partake in the examination and that adequate arrangement had been provided to ensure their effective participation in the exam.
He, however, warned candidates to desist from seeking reposting from exam centre assigned to them to another, adding that there would be no rescheduling of examination.