Federal University of Agriculture, Abeokuta, FUNAAB Post-UTME and Direct Entry,DE Admission Screening Application Forms for 2016/2017 Academic Session Are Out: See Screening Date, Cut-Off Mark, Eligibility And Registration Details
All applicants seeking undergraduate admission into 100, 200 and 300 Levels in the Federal University of Agriculture, Abeokuta (FUNAAB) are hereby invited to apply online for the 2016/2017 Pre-Admission Screening Exercise.
Applications must be from suitably qualified candidates whose have chosen the Federal University of Agriculture, Abeokuta (FUNAAB) as the Most Preferred Institution on the prescribed form obtainable for the Joint Admissions and Matriculation Board (JAMB).
Applicants must also possess minimum entry requirements of five (5) O’ Level Credits in relevant subjects at one or two sittings in SSCE/GCE/NECO/NABTEB and fill in the same results online. Applicants are advised to confirm the Admission Requirements into respective Degree Programmes from the link http://www.unaab.edu.ng/attachments/Admission%20Requirements.pdf before logging in to fill the e-application form.
Only candidates with completed application before the stipulated deadline will be considered.
Eligibility for Pre-Admission Screening Exercises:
Pre-Admission Screening Exercise is a mandatory requirement for both Direct Entry and UTME admission into the Federal University of Agriculture, Abeokuta (FUNAAB).
Change of Course: All requests for or enquiries about change of course should be directed to the Joint Admissions and Matriculation Board (JAMB).
UTME: Pre-Admission Screening Exercise
To be eligible for Pre-Admission Screening Exercise candidates must have sat for the 2016/2017 Unified Tertiary Matriculation Examination (UTME) and scored a minimum of 180 marks for the following programmes:
- Agricultural Economics and Farm Management,
- Agricultural Extension and Rural Development,
- Animal Nutrition,
- Animal Physiology,
- Animal Production and Health,
- Aquaculture and Fisheries Management,
- Animal Breeding and Genetics,
- Agricultural Administration,
- Crop Protection,
- Environmental Management and Toxicology,
- Forestry and Wildlife Management,
- Pasture and Range Management,
- Plant Breeding and Seed Technology,
- Plant Physiology and Crop Production,
- Soil Science and Land Management,
- Water Resources Management and Agro-meteorology
Or a minimum of 200 marks for the following programmes:
- Computer Science
- Food Science and Technology
- Home Science and Management
- Hospitality and Tourism
- Nutrition and Dietetics
- Agricultural Engineering
- Electrical and Electronics Engineering
- Mechanical Engineering
- Mechatronic Engineering
- Veterinary Medicine
- Business Administration
- Banking and Finance
- Entrepreneurial Studies
NOTE: Candidate who chose Bio-Chemistry, Biology or Microbiology but scored between 180 and 199 may be considered for Agricultural programmes if they are interested.
Admission into Agriculture, Engineering, Bio-sciences, Physical Sciences and Veterinary Medicine Courses
In addition to conditions stated in the Eligibility for Pre-Admission Screening Exercise, candidates are expected to possess five (5) SSC Credits in English Language, Mathematics, Chemistry, Physics and Biology at not more than two (2) sittings.
A Pass in Physics at O-Level is acceptable ONLY for courses in Agricultural Programmes.
A Pass in Biology with Credit in Agricultural Sciences is acceptable ONLY for courses in Agricultural Programmes. The University does not accept Agricultural Science in lieu of Biology.
Candidates applying for Water Resources Management should also possess a Credit in Geography.
Admission into Management Sciences Courses;
Candidates are expected to possess Credits in English Language, Mathematics, Economics and two other Social Sciences subjects from Geography, Financial Accounts, Government, Business Studies and Commerce at not more than two (2) sittings.
Direct Entry Pre-Admission Screening Exercise
Direct Entry candidates, with minimum of Upper-Credit and its equivalent, who have also applied to JAMB for admission into the Federal University of Agriculture, Abeokuta (FUNAAB) are invited to register online.
Admission Into 200 Level Agriculture, Engineering, Bio-sciences, Physical Sciences and Veterinary Medicine Courses;
In addition to the minimum UTME requirement specified at O’Level, candidates seeking admission by Direct Entry are expected to possess a minimum of UPPER CREDIT at ND or HND and CREDIT at NCE for admissions into related areas from a recognized institution. At least two A-Level/IJMB/JUPEB passes in the following: Mathematics, Physics, Chemistry or Biology/Zoology/Botany are acceptable for admission into 200 Level.
FUNAAB DOES NOT ACCEPT LOWER CREDIT FOR DIRECT ENTRY ADMISSION.
Candidates should ensure that their Academic Transcripts are forwarded to the Registrar, FUNAAB not later than Monday, 1st August, 2016.
- Eligible candidates are to access the Federal University of Agriculture, Abeokuta FUNAAB Admission Portal; http://admission.unaab.edu.ng/ and click on “Apply for Admission” and enter their JAMB UTME or JAMB Direct Entry Registration Numbers to generate and print out their Application Invoice which states their Reference Number and other information on payment of a non-refundable fee of Two Thousand and Five Hundred Naira (N2,500.00) only, including REMITA fees.
- Candidates should proceed to any Bank accepting REMITA payment (nationwide) or Online using debit card or via Internet Banking and make payment of the prescribed fee using the REMITA Reference Number.
- After payment, candidates are to proceed to FUNAAB Admission Portal and complete the e-application form as appropriate.
- Candidates are required to correctly input their Bio-data, O’Level results, OND/HND/NCE/A-Level/IJMB/JUPEB results (where applicable) and upload a recent coloured passport photograph (not more than 6 months old).
- On uploading of all required details, candidates are expected to first preview and confirm the entries before clicking on Submit on the acknowledgement page.
- Candidates should thereafter print out the Application Form displaying their passport photograph.
- Correction of wrongly entered data attracts a fee of One Thousand Naira (N1,000) only as penalty and can be effected online not later than the closing date of the application. Visit the link for details; http://admission.unaab.edu.ng/correction.php
- No complaint of wrong Bio-Data, O’Level results, OND/HND/NCE/A-Level/IJMB/JUPEB results or blank picture would be entertained.
- Candidates who up-load wrong Bio-Data, O’ Level results and UTME/OND/HND/NCE/A’Level/IJMB/JUPEB results will be automatically disqualified.
Pre-Admission Screening Dates:
The Pre-Admission Screening Exercise is interactive and holds from
Monday, 25th July, 2016 to Wednesday, 27th July, 2016. Wednesday, 7th and Friday 9th September, 2016 Candidates are to check the FUNAAB Admission Portal from Wednesday 20th July, 2016 to check their status. Shortlisted candidates should print and note their screening venues and dates.
Note; Applications for refund on losing admissions offer will not be entertained. It is the responsibility of candidates to ensure they meet the minimum admission requirements before making payment for acceptance of admission offer.
Application closes on Tuesday, 12th July, 2016.NGSchoolz Team