Minister of Education Malam Adamu Adamu yesterday in Abuja inaugurated committees to investigate the managements of 10 universities and polytechnics over allegations of abuse of due process, financial mismanagement and sexual harassment.
The minister said government had received numerous complaints against the governing councils and management of some institutions and resolved to set fact-finding committees to determine the veracity of the claims and give appropriate recommendations.
The institutions include:
1.Federal University Dutsin-Ma, Katsina State,
2. Michael Okpara University of Agriculture, Umudike, Abia State,
3. University of Uyo, Akwa Ibom state,
4. Federal University Kashere, Gombe State,
5. University of Abuja, FCT and
6. University of Nsukka, Enugu state.
7. Federal Polytechnic, Auchi, Edo State,
8. Federal Polytechnic Oko, Anambra State,
9. Yaba College of Technology, Lagos State and
10. University of Calabar, Cross River State.NGSchoolz Team