Afe Babalola University Ado-Ekiti, ABUAD Requirements for Fresh and Returning Undergraduate Students Concerning the 2016/2017 Academic Session Resumption and Registration
The following information from the management of Afe Babalola University Ado-Ekiti (ABUAD) is for fresh and old students of the institution concerning the 2016/2017 academic session resumption and registration requirements.
MODE OF DRESSING
The following are the prescribed dress codes for all students;
- College of Law: White on Black and corporate black covered shoes. Trousers and all black dresses are not allowed for Female Law Students. Male Law Students shall wear either ABUAD ties or all black non- patterned ties.
- College of Medicine and Health Sciences: Shades of Red or Pink on matching colour of trousers. Male students shall wear either ABUAD ties or any tie of matching colour.
- College of Engineering: Shades of green on matching colour of trousers. Male students shall wear either ABUAD ties or any tie of matching colour.
- College of Sciences: Shades of cream on matching colour of trousers. Male students shall wear either ABUAD ties or any tie of matching colour.
- College of Social and Management Sciences: Sky- Blue on matching colour of trousers. Male students shall wear either ABUAD ties or any tie of matching colour.
- Laboratory Wears:
College of Medicine and Health Sciences: White Overall
College of Sciences: White Overall
College of Engineering: Navy Blue Overall
STUDENTS HAIRDRESS AND MAKEUP
Female students are not allowed to wear outrageous hairstyles and heavy makeups. Only decent and moderate hairstyles and makeup are allowed. Male students must have well-trimmed haircut and must be clean shaven at all time.
All Students are mandated to:
– Abide by the University dress codes.
– Dress formally during school hours (8am-5pm), Monday-Friday. However, all Students shall dress decently at all times.
– All Male Students shall wear ABUAD tie while Female Students shall wear ABUAD scarves to all University Official functions.
– Wearing of Jeans may be allowed after school hours and weekends provided they are clean and not defaced.
STUDENTS ON MEDICATION
It is mandatory for Parents to disclose their ward’s health status and prescribed medications. Chronic, genetic or other long term ailments shall be carefully monitored by University Health Center to assist Students achieve best academic and overall results. Therefore, Parents are enjoined to cooperate with the University Management in this regard.
HALLS OF RESIDENCE REQUIREMENTS
The following are the minimum required items that a Student may need during his/her stay in the Hall of Residence:
- Feeding Allowance
- Pillow Cases (at least 2)
- Blankets (at least 2)
- Bed sheets 4 x 7 (at least 2)
- Cutlery (Spoons Only)
- Plastic Buckets (can be purchased in the school)
- Padlock and Key Ring
- Torch Light and Batteries
- Re-chargeable Reading Lamp
- Plastic Hangers
- School Bag
- Raincoat/ Umbrella
- Laptop (Student’s name must be boldly engraved on it and also registered in the Students’ Affairs Office at resumption).
- Writing materials
- Sporting Wears;
- T-shirts with sleeves, Track Down or short, Canvas Shoes (Sneakers), Swimming Trunk/ Suit.
- Provisions (EXCLUDING INDOMINE NOODLES).
LIST OF PROHIBITED ITEMS IN THE UNIVERSITY
ELECTRICAL /ELECTRONIC DEVICES: Blenders, Electric Blankets, Mattresses or Beds, Electric Boiling Ring, Electric Kettle, Hair dryers, Microwaves/ Rice Cooker/ Hot Plates, Photocopying machines, Refrigerators, Toasters/ Sandwich Maker /Grillers, Television sets/ Video Machine /Computer Games, Musical gadgets (Home Theatre, Public Address System, Amplifier, etc).
FOOD, DRINKS AND COOKING ITEMS
Alcoholic drinks, Noodles, Raw food items, Cooking utensils.
All Illicit Drugs, Cigarettes.
WEAPONS OF ANY TYPE
Knives, Forks, Dagger, Cutlass, Firearms of any kind. e.t.c
Binoculars, Fireworks, Siren, Lethal weapons & injections, Hubley Bubley, Kerosene Lamps, Candles, Matches & Gas Lighter, Face masks and all forms of camouflages are strictly prohibited in the University.
Any other item that may be specified from time to time.
VERY IMPORTANT INFORMATION
Mobile Phone; the University would allow students to use telephone but limited to non-smartphones. Any TELEPHONE aside the University’s specification, inclusive of TABLETS or IPADS shall be CONFISCATED and the Student shall be SANCTIONED.
Identity Card must be obtained before permission into the Hall of Residence and must be worn always
Students must duly comply with the ABUAD Residency Agreement before room allocation into the Halls of Residence
All parents/ guardians must duly complete the Indemnity Form before the allocation of rooms into the Halls of Residence for their ward is made and return to the Registry upon completion.