Afe Babalola University, Ado-Ekiti, ABUAD second admission screening exercise details for the 2016/2017 academic session. See Screening Date, Requirements, and Registration Procedure below
This is to inform the general public that the management of the Afe Babalola University, Ado-Ekiti (ABUAD) is inviting suitably qualified candidates to its various undergraduate programmes admission for the 2016/2017 academic session.
The following candidates are hereby invited for screening exercise on Saturday, 9th July, 2016.
- Candidates who have chosen ABUAD as first or second choice,
- Candidates who did not choose ABUAD in the UTME and are seeking change of institution, and
- Direct Entry candidates.
Candidates who scored below 180 national cut-off mark and are seeking admission into Pre-degree and Degree Foundation Programmes at Afe Babalola International Study Centre, Ibadan.
ABUAD AVAILABLE UNDERGRADUATE PROGRAMMES.
(1) COLLEGE OF LAW (5years) – LL.B LAW
(2) COLLEGE OF MEDICINE AND HEALTH SCIENCES
(i) Medicine and Surgery (M.B.B.S) – 6 years, (ii) B.Sc Nursing Sciences – 5 years
(iii) Medical Laboratory Science (B.MLS) – 5 years
(3) BASIC MEDICAL SCIENCES – 4 Years
(i) B.Sc Anatomy (ii) B.Sc Physiology (iii) B.Sc Human Nutrition and Dietetics (iv) B.Sc Pharmacology
(4) COLLEGE OF ENGINEERING (5years)
(i) B.Eng Mechanical Engineering (ii) B.Eng Mechatronics Engineering (iii) B.Eng Electrical/ Electronics Engineering (iv) B.Eng Petroleum Engineering (v) B.Eng Civil Engineering (vi) B.Eng Chemical Engineering (vii) B.Eng Computer Engineering (viii) B. Eng Agricultural Engineering
(5) COLLEGE OF SCIENCES (4 years)
(i) B.Sc Microbiology (ii) B.Sc Human Biology (iii) B.Sc Agricultural Science (iv) B.Sc Biochemistry (v) B.Sc Chemistry (vi) B.Sc Industrial Chemistry (vii) B.Sc Computer Science (viii) B.Sc Mathematics (ix) B.Sc Geology. (x) B.Sc Physics and Electronics (xi) B.Sc Biotechnology (xii) B.Sc Physics (xiii) B.Sc Petroleum Chemistry
(6) COLLEGE OF SOCIAL AND MANAGEMENT SCIENCES (4 years)
(i) B.Sc Economics (ii) B.Sc Accounting (iii) B.Sc Banking and Finance (iv) B.Sc Business Administration (v) B.Sc Tourism and Events Management. (vi) B.Sc Political Science (vii) B.Sc International Relations and Diplomacy (viii) B.Sc Peace and Conflict Studies (ix) B.Sc Intelligence and Security Studies (x) B.Sc Social Justice (xi)B.Sc Media and Communication Studies (xii) B.Sc Marketing (xiii) B.Sc Entrepreneurship.
(7) PRE-DEGREE AND DEGREE FOUNDATION PROGRAMMES
- All programmes listed under undergraduate programmes above are available at Afe Babalola International Study Centre, Ibadan as Pre-Degree and Degree Foundation Programmes.
- Diploma in Public Health
CANDIDATES QUALIFIED TO ATTEND ABUAD SCREENING EXERCISE.
Candidates that qualify to participate in the screening exercise are:
- Those who possess relevant 5 Credit passes in WAEC O/L or its equivalent and have sought admission into 100 Level through 2016 UTME and who met the 180 national cut off mark.
- Those awaiting SSCE, NECO, GCE, NABTEB, IJMB results and also participated in the 2016 UTME.
- Those seeking admission into 200 Level (Direct Entry) with minimum of 2 A/Level passes in relevant subjects or NCE/OND/HND in accredited courses listed in the JAMB Brochure except for Law, Medicine and Surgery. (Note: HND holders seeking conversion to degree shall undertake 2-3 years study depending on the course of study).
- Direct Entry into Bachelor of Nursing Science (B.NSc – 4 years): Those who possess NRN/RM are eligible to apply.
- Direct Entry into all Degree Programmes in Engineering is available – Minimum requirement: ND/HND with Credit Pass.
- Direct Entry into Medical Laboratory Science (B.MLS – 4 years) – Holders of B.Sc in Physiology, Biochemistry, Anatomy, MLT, HND in SLT with minimum of Second ClassLower are eligible and must possess Credit Pass in 5 O’Level relevant subjects.
ABUAD SCREENING REQUIREMENTS.
Applicants must bring to the Screening Centres, the following documents viz.
- Print out of 2016 JAMB UTME Result Slip
- Completed Bio-Data Application Form.
- Copies of the Ordinary Level Result (If Available)
- Original copy of Birth Certificate
- Testimonial from last school attended.
- Reference Letter from a well known/reputable public figure to vouchsafe the candidate’s character of good conduct.
- Two (12) Recent Passport Photographs
- Writing Materials (Pencil, Pen, Eraser, and Non Scientific Calculator)
- Evidence of payment (Bank tellers) for Centre Screening (The cost covers honoraria for centre facilitation, logistics for producing screening materials and security)
- Completed Form for Change Of University (for applicants changing to ABUAD)
ABUAD – CRITERIA FOR SCREENING AND MODE OF ASSESSMENT.
The mode of screening for candidates during the exercise shall include a Personality Assessment Interaction (PAI) and a qualitative assessment as follows:
- COLLEGE OF LAW: Knowledge of current affairs, verbal, analytical and perceptual reasoning (CAVAP)
- COLLEGE OF MEDICINE AND HEALTH SCIENCES: Knowledge of science, spatial, numerical and perceptual reasoning (SSNP)
- COLLEGE OF ENGINEERING: Technical ability, numerical reasoning and acuity skilIs (TANAS)
- COLLEGE OF SCIENCES: Knowledge of science, analytical skills and perceptual reasoning (SASP)
- COLLEGE OF SOCIAL AND MANAGEMENT SCIENCES: Acuity, spatial, analytical skills and perceptual reasoning (ASASP)
Note: All candidates are advised to be properly dressed. This is essential at the Personality Assessment Interaction (PAI). All Applicants should also arrive at the screening venue at least 30 minutes before the exercise commences.
ABUAD SCREENING CENTRES.
The designated screening centres for the applicants are:
- MAIN CAMPUS: Afe Babalola University, Km. 8.5 Afe Babalola Way, P.M.B 5454, Ado-Ekiti, Ekiti State
- ABUJA: Garki Secondary School, Area 10, Garki, Abuja
- LAGOS: Afe Babalola Auditorium, University of Lagos, Akoka, Lagos
- PORT HARCOURT: Rivers State College of Arts & Science, Rumuola Road, Port Harcourt
- WARRI: Montessori International College, 66 Airport Road, Opposite Delta Career College, Warri
- IBADAN: Afe Babalola International Study Centre, AB Plaza, Oshuntokun Avenue, Bodija, Ibadan
- CALABAR: Government Technical College, Main Avenue, Calabar
- ENUGU: Bishop Otubelu Juniorate Secondary School, Hill View, Trans Ekulu, Enugu
Further information, please visit our website, www.abuad.edu.ng OR http://admission.abuad.edu.ng for details of Courses Offered, Admission Screening Requirement and Criteria, and Print out of your preferred Screening Centre Photo Card. If you attended the First Screening Exercise, please check your RESULT on http://admission.abuad.edu.ng.
CONTACT: Office of the Registrar, Afe Babalola University, Ado-Ekiti (ABUAD). Available Hotlines are: 08127772121, 08038521163, 08030706711, 08033509150, 08034402771.
For Pre-Degree and Degree Foundation Programme, Office of the Director – Dr A. O. Ajayi. Available Hotlines are: 08165747405, 08057606073, 08034231454, 08039499723 OR visit the website: www.abisc.org.ng OR use these email addresses: email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org
To checkmate the activities of fraudsters, applicants and parents are strongly advised to contact only the listed telephone numbers and/or visit the university’s website: www.abuad.edu.ng or the Afe Babalola International Study Centre website: www.abisc.org.ng directly.